zaterdag 29 juni 2019

Spiderwebs


On a morning with lots of dew, spiderwebs are beautiful to behold. I may not like spiders very much, but I sure like their webs. On the heathland I visit, most webs are made by tiny spiders. Wheel webs are my favorites.
(Lens: Lensbaby Twist 60 with macro converters)

They are hanging in the tall reeds, sometimes completely horizontal.
(Lens: Lensbaby Burnside 35)

This morning, 30 June 2019, I went to the same field where I found these last year. There was a bit of fog and the sun was rising (fast). I was hoping to find many of these but there were relatively few spider webs. I never payed much attention to this, but I think it is still early for these spiders. The best time is September. I hope I am not wrong!
(Lens: Pentacon 50 mm 1.8 MC)


This picture is probably already visible on this blog. These webs may look big, but they are quite small. As you may notice it was formed in the grass.
(Lens: Lensbaby Edge 80)


I always work with natural light and I don't like to carry around lots of stuff. So I shoot out of hand and I don't use the white umbrella I once bought to shield the light. Although I think I could make beautiful pictures if I did... For me it just is too much hassle.
(Lens: Lensbaby Twist 60 optic with macro converters (similar to extension tubes) and a white umbrella)


Last year I discovered how to use the Lensbaby Velvet 56. I already had it for a year. I think for every lens you need to find for which subject it is suited and what kind of light works best. I really got hooked last year. I love the soft look.
(Lens: Lensbaby Velvet 56)

Another big hanging web. They are so versatile and all the tiny drops reflect the light so beautifully
(Lens: Lensbaby Twist 60 optic with macro converters).

I always work with a shallow depth of field, which means that I have the aperture open or almost open. Since I always shoot against the light, the shape of the aperture is often visible and I prefer it to be round. I thought I would be able to see which lens I used by looking at the image. But most lenses I use have similar traits. Probably because I like them ;)

Had to check but this was made with the Pentacon 50 mm 1.8 MC. It is a vintage lens and quite magical. If you are used to manual lenses this is one of the best. Not expensive and lots of fun!
(Lens: Pentacon 50 mm 1.8 MC)

This is another one made with this vintage lens. The web is glowing.
(Lens: Pentacon 50 mm 1.8 MC)

This is an oldy and a different kind of web. The spiders use moss, or mushrooms as a tent pole and weave there webs from there. If you are lucky you find a perfectly formed specimen! Usually they are more messy and not symmetric.
(Lens: Lensbaby Twist 60 with macro converters)

And last but not least this web on a leaf. I take macro pictures for 10 years now and in the beginning I kept seeing things that I never noticed before. Even the details on a dandelion are beautiful when you never properly looked at it. But now when I find something new it is like a little present. These webs made on a leaf, and so perfectly, I had never seen before. And I haven't seen them since. I also don't know which spider made them.
(Lens: Lensbaby Twist 60 optic with macro converter)

There are more pictures I want to share and I'm planning to write more often, but we'll see. I do post regularly on my instagram account.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten