zaterdag 7 april 2018

Bokehlicious

Spring is late this year. Finally the wood anemones and blossoms start to appear. Today the light was so inviting and it was 20 degrees! The Lensbaby Twist 60 and the Sweet 35 are my favorite lenses at the moment. I usually combine them with the macro converters. However, today I used the Sweet 35 just like it is and I am so happy with the results. If this one still appeals to me in a few weeks I might even get it printed. I want something blue on my wall and this might be it!

The lens allows you to get fairly close and then everything becomes softer. Maybe the light was also a bit softer here. This year is the first that I keep ending up at the pine trees. When the light hits the needles,  you have many bright spots that will turn to soap bubble bokeh.


I often shoot into the light and this will create lens flare. Putting my hand on top of the lens does help (did not do that here, obviously). The white balance was set to tungsten to get the blue tones.

I love the underwater feeling of these pictures and the amount of detail by using the lens like this. I will definitely do this more - especially with all the leaves that will appear the coming weeks.


I took a bit more distance to capture the shape of the curled branch and the bokeh underneath.


And finally just bokeh. The bokeh before and after the focal plane is different. I kinda like the effect.

Waterdrops and soap bubble bokeh are my favorite things in a picture. Today I had my fill!
Ahh, and maybe again tomorrow. If there are more clouds I can have a go at the wood anemones.


2 opmerkingen:

  1. Heerlijk dromerige serie; in prachtige kleuren, Anita.
    De laatste foto spreekt mij het meeste aan, vanwege de werveling die ik erin zie.

    Hartelijke groet, Corrie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wat een prachtige creatieve foto's!
    Groetjes Senna

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen